Grasshopper Manufacture Inc (No More Heroes) acquired by NetEase

Commissar SFLUFAN

Grasshopper Manufacture Inc., the Japanese developer best-known for the No More Heroes series and CEO Goichi Suda's irreverently surreal style, has been acquired from its parent company GungHo Online Entertainment by Chinese technology giant NetEase. The studio has made over 25 games in its 23 years, most directed by Suda, also known as Suda-51. As well as No More Heroes, notable titles include killer7, Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw, and the classic Michigan: Report from Hell.

"Grasshopper Manufacture has just celebrated its 23rd anniversary in March this year," writes Suda. "For the past 23 years, our team of creators with various backgrounds and personalities have presented a variety of games to gamers. We are now given a unique opportunity to rethink the game development and organization structure of Grasshopper Manufacture Inc. moving forward. While understanding our own advantages and unique position, we were presented with new possibilities in game creation."

3 hours ago, DPCyric said:

Interesting because just a few days earlier Suda announced they got the rights back for Shadows of the Damned... maybe NetEase wants in on that cheese :thinking:

I always wanted to play this but it never came to pc…that has to happen now right?!

I kept forgetting Shadows of the Damned was a thing, and then when I would remember it I'd think, oh yeah I kind of wanted to play that, but I'm sure finding a PS3 copy now would be hard, and games from back then are not exactly available for download on PSN like all games are from the PS4 era now.