Ranking The Big 3 First Person Shooters Coming Out This Fall/Winter

skillzdadirecta

D1Poll - Which Of The "Big 3" Upcoming FPS Titles Are You Most Interested In?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. D1Poll - Which Of The "Big 3" Upcoming FPS Titles Are You Most Interested In?

• Halo Infinite
    • Battlefield 2042
    • Call of Duty: Vanguard

Saw this article and thought it might deserve it's own topic.

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.
WWW.FORBES.COM

Will Halo Infinite, Battlefield 2042 or Call of Duty Vanguard win the fall? There seems to be a pretty clear ranking order already.

Personally I had more fun with Halo Infinite than I had with Battlefield... which I also had a lot of fun with. I also have next to no interest in COD (not that it matters) 

When was the last time we had an entry in each franchise coming out in the same year?

Funnily enough, I was gonna make a D1Poll to ask where everyone's interest stands for these three FPS titles.

The general sense I get is that based on the overall reception to their respective betas, Halo Infinite appears far and away in the (Warthog) driver's seat.

I guess "third time's the charm" for 343 Industries :p

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Funnily enough, I was gonna make a D1Poll to ask where everyone's interest stands for these three FPS titles.

The general sense I get is that  based on the overall reception based on their respective betas, Halo Infinite appears far and away in the (Warthog) driver's seat.

Feel free to add the poll here if you want. For me I'm definitely getting Halo and Battlefield. COD? more than likely not.

44 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The general sense I get is that based on the overall reception to their respective betas, Halo Infinite appears far and away in the (Warthog) driver's seat.

Unless you like Classic Halo games, it strays further away from a classic Halo game than any before it.

As for me, I'm probably passing on all of these. I might play Halo merely due to the fact that so many of my friends (who don't regularly play halo) are going to play it. But I've removed almost all of halo from my social media.

I hate origin

I won't support activision-blizzard.

56 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It does feel that he gaming public is started to appreciate redemption stories with game development.

28 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I know which one @Biggie is getting!

yep, he is PUMPED for halo!

As for me, I’ll probably pass on COD this year, they can catch me when they release their designed for current gen version. Battlefield, I’ll play the trial from ea play to check out the visuals but unless it’s as fun as bad company its a pass with no sp.

Halo, I have no idea what to expect with the campaign, that’s supposed to be out in December right? Feels like we haven’t seen much. Ill check check check it out though and I’m curious, so that one.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This Battlefield has no singleplayer? I thought it did :thinking: I think the last Battlefield singleplayer campaign I played through was 3. Played a little of Battlefield 1's campaign. Don't remember if I played 4's.

Nope, no single player! I never play a lot of them, but they are better to check out Dice’s usually great tech without worrying about a match, which lately is the most I got out of their games!

2 hours ago, stepee said:

yep, he is PUMPED for halo!

As for me, I’ll probably pass on COD this year, they can catch me when they release their designed for current gen version. Battlefield, I’ll play the trial from ea play to check out the visuals but unless it’s as fun as bad company its a pass with no sp.

Halo, I have no idea what to expect with the campaign, that’s supposed to be out in December right? Feels like we haven’t seen much. Ill check check check it out though and I’m curious, so that one.

I thought for sure he would be more pumped for COD? He's a fanboy for god sakes! If I had a series X I'd be pretty excited for Infinite's mp. It sounds pretty damn awesome. 

I haven’t played Halo in a long time after pouring hundreds of hours into the first two. The other two series are completely uninteresting to me, so Halo Infinite wins by default as I’m at least moderately interested in it.