• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,165 (as of March 22)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JPSoccer4

Backward Compatibility List is out, and it's getting better!

314 posts in this topic

Is this list all the games that will ever be BC, or will there be more in the future? I was hoping to finally beat Lost Odyssey. 

It will have more.  Future Games with Gold for 360 titles are confirmed to be approved for BC.  The hard sell for MS is getting games listed when a publisher might just want to HDify a game and sell it for a much larger price. 

They say more are coming. That was what we heard last gen. 

But more did come. Remember they added NFL 2K5? That was a pretty big one that came a long while after launch.

(November 2007 to be exact, 2 years after 360 was launched)

The hard sell for MS is getting games listed when a publisher might just want to HDify a game and sell it for a much larger price. 

I can see it now...

"Buy [insert_game_name] HD for XBOX ONE and get the ability to play [insert_game_name] Classic (BC 360 version) for free!" 

:P 

But more did come. Remember they added NFL 2K5? That was a pretty big one that came a long while after launch.

(November 2007 to be exact, 2 years after 360 was launched)

True story!!!!!!! I still play NFL2k5 on occasion on my 360. 

I can see it now...

"Buy [insert_game_name] HD for XBOX ONE and get the ability to play [insert_game_name] Classic (BC 360 version) for free!" 

:P 

They already somewhat did that with FO4.  You get FO3 with it for free.  Might be hard to tell the difference between the two. 

Flashpoint Dragon Rising and the Pac Man games.. Cool

Reach is disappointing cause i want it remastered.. Though Halo 5 takes the sting off..

No biggie either way, 360 still hooked up..

I swear I saw Future Soldier on the list ..

I am shocked by this information. 

That makes two of us. Who would have thought this BC thing would be very disappointing, and feel under-utilized?

Not me. I was always optimistic about it. I knew MS wouldn't let us down. They had my 100% confidence, but everyone disagreed with me. Well, I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong. Sorry, guys.

I actually have to take back my original statement.

After getting over the fact that Microsoft didn't include my personal favorites (HOW DARE THEY!) I took a good look at the titles they do offer and there are some pretty solid games in there. I've already got an itch to sit down on do a play through of Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2, as well as the Gears trilogy, as well as Condemned.

Plus, if I originally owned some of those arcade shooters like Ikaruga or Metal Slug, I'd be tickled pink that I didn't have to buy them yet again just to enjoy them on my current gen console. 

Sure, there's a lot of filler like Backgammon to fluff up the title count, but I'd be willing to bet that the monthly updates will be smaller with more significant titles. 

We'll wait and see what happens, but for now I can put my undeserved sense of entitlement on hold for a bit and be pretty happy with what we have so far.

Annnddd MNC is basically unplayable.  Maybe plays at 15 FPS.

Not surprising if you ever saw the footage of Mass Effect running. :P

I saw it compared to the 360, and it was a few frames behind the 360 version.  This is just fucking awful.  Seriously bad, its the worst of the BC games Ive played.

So I checked the "ready to install" list and I was like whoa, that's a lot of games. :P

Lumines Live!

I thought the initial reports of ME were that loading times were quicker and run somewhat better than on the 360? Has that changed?