• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $740 (as of 07 January)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • Jason

Missing icons.   12/27/2016

Unfortunately, we lost a bunch of user icons due to the data loss a few days ago—but we didn't intentionally remove any so if yours is gone please feel free to just set it back.   -Jason
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JPSoccer4

Backward Compatibility List is out, and it's getting better!

312 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Is Halo Wars 1 BC? 

I think it's a preorder bonus with Halo Wars 2

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think it's a preorder bonus with Halo Wars 2

The 360 version is BC. You can play the 360 version or the "definitive edition" which is just the 360 version that runs at 60 fps but everything is pretty much the same

10 minutes ago, The def star said:

or the "definitive edition" which is just the 360 version that runs at 60 fps but everything is pretty much the same

"just runs at 60fps"

sounds worth it to me. :P

So I have to say that while I've been impressed with BC and what MS has done with this in the past, I was just recently really impressed.

The girlfriend and I wanted to play a little Crazy Taxi. I played the hell out of this on the 360 and knew it was BC, so I went to my games on XB1 and it was nowhere to be found. I then went to the store and it asked me to buy it. What the fuck?! I went to xbox.com to the same results. I knew I bought this, what is going on? A little later I remembered that I had purchased it with the Dreamcast Collection disc (Sonic Adventure, Sega Bass Fishing, Space Channel 5, Crazy Taxi). So I figured I was screwed. Only two of those games are BC, and there is no reason why my XB1 should recognize that disc. With nothing to lose, I popped it in, and not only did it recognize it, it started installing the two games that were BC (Crazy Taxi and Sega Bass Fishing) right away.

There's no reason why that should have worked but it did.  Nice work Microsoft!

On 1/6/2017 at 9:09 AM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I am playing ME3 on the Xbone and no performance issues so far. 

I am farther in ME3 and its choppy. Citadel made me nauseous a couple of times. It's not unplayable but it is not pleasant. 

9 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I am farther in ME3 and its choppy. Citadel made me nauseous a couple of times. It's not unplayable but it is not pleasant. 

That's how it played on the 360 doe.