Sign in to follow this  
JPSoccer4

Backward Compatibility List is out, and it's getting better!

JPSoccer4    557

http://majornelson.com/2015/11/09/the-list-of-xbox-one-backward-compatibility-games-is-now-available/?linkId=18611744

Very meh, lots of small arcade games, and the Rare Replay stuff is a decent chunk of actual retail games.  This could almost come back to bite MS in the ass, since they are trying to promote play your Xbox 360 games on your XB1.  When so few of their 1st party games are even on there it seems, really no excuse, and I can see people being pissed. 

Only silver lining is new games should start rolling out in December.

Our launch of 104 titles on Nov. 12 is just the beginning. You can expect new Xbox One Backward Compatible games to be announced on a regular basis, starting in December. More titles are on the way, including fan favorites like Halo Reach, Halo Wars, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite and Skate 3. Stay tuned because this just the beginning of a long list of Xbox 360 games that will run on Xbox One.

SFLUFAN    9,260

I'm not surprised at all that the BC list is so very limited in scope.  You can be assured that for their "heavy hitters" from the 360, the emphasis will be on remasters.

Hurdyb1    886

Wow. That's disappointing for the size of the 360 library I have. I was so thinking about getting rid my 360 to take advantage of one of these trade in  360 and get some much credit towards a Xbox one but only if a good portion of my old games could be played. I'd say less than 20% of my games are on that list. It was great to see the Gears of Wars games on their but no Halo games and only one Mass Effect was pretty sucky. Shouldn't be surprised though. The BC on the 360 was very small and did not have major games on that list either. 

I want a One and will probably get one but it will definitely be down the line but guess I'm keeping my 360. 

Hurdyb1    886

I'm not surprised at all that the BC list is so very limited in scope.  You can be assured that for their "heavy hitters" from the 360, the emphasis will be on remasters.

This. When the Halos weren't on this list, my head went to them wanting you to buy the remasters to play them. 

SFLUFAN    9,260

I guess MS isnt done lying about their product features. They basically announced all of these titles in one form or another at E3. Nothing new, nothing exciting.

"Lying" is a harsh word to use :P

Mr.Vic20    4,248

This is not surprising. MS has a bad track record with BC. While it's technical possible to emulate many of the 360's games for X1, the shear amount of tweaking and optimizing to get it all to work will be evident in our future disappointment regarding this BC feature. I'll see you all around Christmas of next year to discuss! :P

HGLatinBoy    612

I'm gonna be  honest. I'm more concerned about digital only 360 titles (Arcade) than I am about disc based games. Mostly because I feel like the arcade games are easier to port and it sucks that you cant continue your digital library since I'm used to being able to play old games on PC.

But also guys keep in mind that its no joke trying to get these PowerPC games to work on an x86 processor not to mention that the emulation software to get it done on shitty hardware like the Xbox One must be amazing. 

JPSoccer4    557

I don't doubt they are trying, and I'm fairly certain they've said all MS 1st party games will be BC compatible.  I just figured they meant at launch.  Crackdown would have been nice to see since I have that digitally now.  Either way, I don't have time for all my new games, so i doubt I'd touch many of the backwards compatible games anyway.  

Hurdyb1    886

I'm gonna be  honest. I'm more concerned about digital only 360 titles (Arcade) than I am about disc based games. Mostly because I feel like the arcade games are easier to port and it sucks that you cant continue your digital library since I'm used to being able to play old games on PC.

But also guys keep in mind that its no joke trying to get these PowerPC games to work on an x86 processor not to mention that the emulation software to get it done on shitty hardware like the Xbox One must be amazing. 

You are right. As I think about it now, as much as I would love for my physical collection to play it's more important my digital library is playable. With the onset of digital purchasing, this becomes a concern. And unfortunately that list only plays maybe 6 of the digital games I have on my 360. 

Pretzel    664

Needs more Red Dead Redemption. I don't know why Rockstar likes to keep a death grip on that game. No PC version.... No remastered version....

hiawa23    116

Still play my 360, so did not really think much about BC, other than playing the Gears games which ran okay on the One, but I was fine still playing them on the 360, so this was never a feature that I thought would have most of the games available out of the gates.   Gamers are hilarious how they always run to the extreme when they don't get features right out of the gates they claim, MS promised them.  They said they would have about 100 ready at launch, more to be added, looks like they are delivering on that.

XxEvil AshxX    272

I think a lot of it might have to do with publisher deals. This initial list might have been full of old arcade games because they were smaller and maybe "easier" to work and learn with before moving onto larger games that they not have gotten the rights to. It's possible that they will still get to games like RDR and Skyrim and such in their monthly updates.

That said, I was pretty bummed by the list as well. I was hoping to see more Clancy games on there, especially the Splinter Cells.

skillzdadirecta    1,716

That initial list is disappointing but if they are updating regularly it should be fine. My 36o just died but I still have plenty of games that I play and want to play for it. I may grab another during a black Friday sale, but I'd really like at least SOME B.C. for my Xbone since that's my main system.

XxEvil AshxX    272

I have no doubt that they'll eventually get the games we want, but the way MS has been hyping this feature, I was expecting a way better initial list.

They had the opportunity to be like "BAM!" right before the holidays, but instead they release a very insignificant list at the start and everyone's like "well, okay."

They missed a pretty big opportunity, imo.

Hurdyb1    886

Phil Spencer stated in order for a non published MS game to appear on BC the pub has to approve.  Maybe they are working on that.  The year is not over so they have time to get some more games in there 

I hope so but I have very little faith in MS to truly sweeten the pot of games offered for BC. Granted there could be a lot of other things that makes this difficult (which you have noted). There were very few quality games from the Xbox that was BC on the 360. It would be nice but I'm not holding my breath but I do understand that the feature is not heavily utilized and that resources should be placed elsewhere. But it would suck if it's just a matter of providing permission and top heads just aren't are saying okay for games that are like 6-8 years old.