Half-Life 2: Remastered Collection -- a Valve-sanctioned mod project -- appears in the Steam database

Commissar SFLUFAN

cgLbkdDrgJQ96b7ZuCHJcW-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

From the team behind the Half-Life 2: Update mod.

Half-Life 2 is being remastered by the group behind 2015's extensive Half Life 2: Update mod, in a project that will apparently put their previous work "to shame" and appears to have the blessing of Valve itself. A SteamDB listing calls this new project the Half-Life 2: Remastered Collection and includes the staff note that "this is a mod from Filip Victor, not Valve related" just in case we were all getting a bit too excited.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Half-Life 2: Remastered Collection -- a Valve-sanctioned mod project -- appears in the Steam database
3 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I went through Black Mesa and HL2 before Alyx came out, and getting to HL2 after Black Mesa was a real step down. I'd love to see a real comprehensive update to it.

Good on Valve for allowing this kind of thing.

A step down in terms of gameplay, or visually?

Also if you do end up playing Black Mesa there is an unfixed bug in the game (at least that I encountered I didn't see anyone here talking about it) towards the end of chapter 13. The game will just crash no matter what. The fix is to turn all the graphic settings down and then you can pass the section that crashes.

• Thanks 1