LTTP Horizon Zero Dawn

SimpleG

For the life of me I just cant get in to this game. I  got a few hours in but combat does nothing for me, each enemy encounter feels like a slog. Trying to brute force is a no go, setting up traps to kill 2 or 3 enemies is boring and seems like a more work then fun. Am I missing something here?

Once you get past the prologue area it gets pretty cool.

As for the combat, try playing more stealthily. Scan weak spots on the enemies and knock them off from afar.

When you get upgraded start using the ropecaster and hack away and yeah there is more than setting traps or going brute force.

The more you get into the game and get used to the combat, the more amazing it feels. You're not trying to brute-force anybody in this game unless you knock off a weapon that you can then use against them, which few enemies allow you to do. The enemies are dangerous and intimidating. They have weak spots, they have ways to disable their strongest attacks. You unlock the ability to control almost any enemy you see by doing cauldrons. I'll see if I can find a few videos of stuff I did to help you out later.

I played the game through from beginning to end and I felt the combat never really evolved that much, and all of the big Thunderjaws and all that were easier to just go around. If you want to do the side hunts and stuff then sure, have at it. I found the story extremely interesting and it was the only reason I kept going because the combat got tedious and old really quick.