Why hello Switch

SaysWho?

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

That’s a lot of good gaming there, don’t forget 3d World next! Bowsers Fury is sooooo good.

No doubt. My girlfriend and I played co-op on Sackboy for the PlayStation 5 and we had a glorious time. I showed her some gameplay of 3-D world and she is totally in. For now we’ll okay NSMBU and go from there! What a lovely lineup.

4 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Wait you got an Animal Crossing Switch but not Animal Crossing?

Also the Animal Crossing edition of the Switch doesn't come with Animal Crossing?!

Oh, Nintendo...

Fucking weird, I know. :lol: 

I kind of liked the Switch Animal Crossing color scheme so I figure the actual game will join it eventually. This crop of games will probably hold me a while in addition to everything else I gotta get through. :p 

Great choice.  Zelda is an all-timer and easily the best game of the last generation.  Mario Odyssey is probably the second best 3D Mario game after Galaxy, which you can now play in glorious HD via All-Stars.

Not that you need more games but I would suggest Mario Kart 8 if you haven't played it, and also Astral Chain, absolutely incredible game.

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

BOTW is so damn good. If you’ve played other Zeldas, you might not like it at first, but keep playing.

From what I recall it's not worth hanging around the starting area for more time than it takes you to get the hang of the controls. The opening area isn't a bad representation of the game but it's pretty cramped compared to the main experience.

Also get a Pro Controller if you didn't, I tried playing BotW just using the joy cons in the grip and immediately went out and bought a Pro Controller, the run-jump combo for instance is kind pretty awkward to hit with the cramped face button arrangement on the joycons.

• Thanks 1

Can’t go wrong with BotW and Odyssey.  Sunshine is better than its reputation, and Galaxy 1 is good and a great warm up for 2. ;)

Other must haves IMO are Slay the Spire and Hades (both for portability) and Xenoblade DE.  Or Xenoblade 2, if you’ve already played the first.

Mario + Rabbids is also excellent and goes on deep discount frequently.  I’d say the same for Paper Mario Oragami King, but you might have to wait for Black Friday for that to go cheap again.  Captain Toad as well.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Joe said:

BOTW is so damn good. If you’ve played other Zeldas, you might not like it at first, but keep playing.

This ^

5 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yes, buy a pro controller asap. It's my favorite controller ever made. Enjoy!

This ^

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Never buy a pro controller or play BOTW.

Fuck this ^

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, vaxick said:

I love the fact 3D All Stars is still sitting on store shelves and available on online, while tons of people bought multiple copies thinking they'd make a killing selling it.  

I thought they stopped in March?

I bought this when it came out because I figured I'd get a Switch eventually and didn't want to miss out on playing stuff like Sunshine for the first time. 

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I thought they stopped in March?

I bought this when it came out because I figured I'd get a Switch eventually and didn't want to miss out on playing stuff like Sunshine for the first time. 

It's out of print, but still readily available.  Nintendo has pulled the same tactics in the past and people are sitting on sealed copies of Nintendo collections that aren't worth much over their original MSRP.