Iron Maiden New Single: The Writing on the Wall | New Album: Senjutsu coming September 3rd

• Keyser_Soze changed the title to Iron Maiden New Single: The Writing on the Wall
  • Keyser_Soze changed the title to Iron Maiden New Single: The Writing on the Wall | New Album: Senjutsu coming September 3rd
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's something off with the mixing on this album, Bruce's vocals blend into the background way too much. I haven't listened to the whole thing but I've clicked through to parts with vocals on multiple songs on the album and they all have the same weird mixing issues.

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

There's something off with the mixing on this album, Bruce's vocals blend into the background way too much. I haven't listened to the whole thing but I've clicked through to parts with vocals on multiple songs on the album and they all have the same weird mixing issues.

Yeah when I heard the second song I posted the production I thought sounded kind of rough. It wouldn't be the first time for them though.

14 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Bit of a signature for them since ~2000 tbh.

I don't recall immediately (or at all) noticing the mixing with The Book of Souls. I just fired up The Red and the Black and I guess the main vocals are a bit muted compared to older Maiden but the rest of the mix doesn't seem really muddy like with the songs this new album. Bruce's vocals also aren't AS lost in the background on The Red and the Black.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't recall immediately (or at all) noticing the mixing with The Book of Souls. I just fired up The Red and the Black and I guess the main vocals are a bit muted compared to older Maiden but the rest of the mix doesn't seem really muddy like with the songs this new album. Bruce's vocals also aren't AS lost in the background on The Red and the Black.

Book of Souls is a bit different I'll give you that. But the mixing sounds a lot like Brave New World or A Matter of Life and Death to me. The sound is a bit dry. I think it works for them.

Well if I could describe this album I would call it "slow and steady" and for better or worse it generally sounds like a variation on a riff of songs they've done before. Of course they've always done this but I don't think it's been done to this extent. That being said they are good riffs and the songs for the most part are enjoyable. Nothing terrible, good songs but nothing that blows your balls off like The Book of Souls. Of course my opinion could improve over subsequent listens (as it usually does).

If you're one of those freaks who get the physical edition the art is pretty outstanding. To imagine we came from Dance of Death to this, bravo! :clap: Not only is the booklet some nice glossy shit the album itself is not cheap paper, it's glossy too.

Overall if you're a fan of Iron Maiden I think you'll be content with this album.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well if I could describe this album I would call it "slow and steady" and for better or worse it generally sounds like a variation on a riff of songs they've done before. Of course they've always done this but I don't think it's been done to this extent. That being said they are good riffs and the songs for the most part are enjoyable. Nothing terrible, good songs but nothing that blows your balls off like The Book of Souls. Of course my opinion could improve over subsequent listens (as it usually does).

If you're one of those freaks who get the physical edition the art is pretty outstanding. To imagine we came from Dance of Death to this, bravo! :clap: Not only is the booklet some nice glossy shit the album itself is not cheap paper, it's glossy too.

Overall if you're a fan of Iron Maiden I think you'll be content with this album.

I ordered a physical edition but it still hasn't arrived :/

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...