Dodger

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC, PS4, XB1) discussion thread

I never finished 2. Would I be lost or should I not even bother.

I started playing even though I only played a few hours of Witcher 2. You're basically looking for people while other things going on. I don't think you really need much more backstory to be honest. Probably helps to know some characters from past games but there are some recaps online if you check for them. I believe Kotaku recently wrote one up that seemed to be detailed enough

That's gotta look hilarious in real life. Just straight up monging on honey combs, roast chickens and apple pies while fighting off a small horde of nekkers.

He's a Witcher. The food is all stored in his cheeks prior to battle, he slips each turkey leg through his teeth into his mouth chamber when he needs to regain health.

I haven't played the game yet at all, but I just have to say, the way they have handled this game with the DRM free, and all the other various awesome slaps in the face to these shit stain companies like EA and Activision/etc, they deserve every dollar they get simply for how they've presented the game.

For those of you looking for the Crystal Bird Skull from one of the CG Trailers, I found it and noticed a lot of Let's Play videos were ignoring this:

I actually went back looking for it after seeing this and wasn't finding it - I had picked it up already without noticing ha

That was awesome :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

God I miss Fallout 3 and skyrim, both some of the very best gaming "EVER" Made period. With both game landing over the 100 hour mark, so amazing . .

"Sorry epic fail on multi-link / quote post"

Either way I just found my self looking up Intel i7's and a geforce 980 ti and a ram upgrade, :lol: I am really laughing out loud as this I am sure might actually get the wife to say "wait a minute" !! But I haven't built a gaming pc "for myself anyways, have been involved in quite a few, in quite a long time" My last I am still using after building a Skyrim machine. Hell whats a few grand here and there, she might not even notice :P I will do this in a minute if they announce A New Fallout at E3 like 3 and not like Vegas, I will build a new future proof PC!!

uXnrZp0.jpg

Running great on AMD GPU's in case anyone was shy because Gameworks. Both 1440p and 4K are providing rock stable 60 with everything cranked all the way up/on/ultra (except Nvidia's proprietary TressFX) [specs in sig]

I don't know if I want to play with KB/m or a controller yet. I keep switching back and forth.

--

Handy chart from reddit

jbLP6ZK.jpg

Should having two 670s allow me to bump the medium that a single has on that chart to a high?

Yea, the movement is kind of clunky. I can't tell the difference between this and Witcher 2 in terms of movement and gameplay. Graphics are a huge improvement though. Draw distance is some of the best I've ever seen. Definitely looks like a true next gen game. But I'm not feeling the gameplay and herky jerky movement, especially after playing Bloodborne. Just wish it was a bit more responsive.

Put steam into offline mode before you go to school?

I have a gaming machine at work (school tech center) so I can't download it.. Fuck it bought it again on GOG and can install it DRM free

So that crystal bird thing is literally right at the beginning of the game, you can pick it up right after you kill those ghouls that ambush you :P

First off, these are the best visuals I have seen in a game to date.

The combat is not as fluid as I was hoping for but it's solid. I think Bloodborne has spoiled me in that department though.

The story and characters are ok so far but nothing spectacular or noteworthy.

This is a type of game that is overwhelming on all fronts the first day you play it. I need to sleep on this and tomorrow I will appreciate it even more.

Man... the environmental effects are so impressive and makes the world really immersive.

The combat is good. I just need to get use to it.

I have been playing Bloodborne for 100 hours so I am sloppy.

Played for roughly 3 hours now, haven't fought the griffin yet. I have a lot to do and fuck is this game huge and absolutely gorgeous, yes even on xbone. As a completionist, it may take me all damn year to finish this game.

The combat is good. I just need to get use to it.

I have been playing Bloodborne for 100 hours so I am sloppy.

I wouldn't call the combat good, but keep in mind that you are comparing it to basically one of, if not the best combat system of the past decade or so -- in a game that is doing a hundred different things.

It's tough to measure up, and it doesn't really try to (although I personally think they should have completely revamped and change to combat to something akin to Dragon's Dogma, but it clearly wasn't a major priority). It's not really a relevant comparison IMO.

I haven't been able to sink too much time into the game yet, but so far the combat seems fine. If anything, i feel like it's something that the player will grow into as the game progresses. Not just leveling up, but the gradual addition of more combat elements such as bombs, potions, different levels(and thus different effects)of signs and different sword techniques. I think through a combination of these as well as the players natural progression as a person, it will "get better" as it goes along. It's easy to feel like i need to button mash my way to victory and that may work on the easy settings but honestly if you are playing the easiest settings you obviously dont give a shit about the actual gameplay and just want to see the story/world.

Getting used to his movements. In my mind hes just a big galoof that regardless of being clumsy and a little uncoordinated is really good at killing monsters.

This game gives me a medieval Red Dead vibe like crazy. Which is a good thing. Dude is like Marstons greeeeeeeeaaaaaat grandfather.

"There’s a lot to do in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Like... a looooooot. Picture a crapload of stuff; more stuff than you’ve ever had to do in a game. Now double it."

:lol:

:worried:

the fucking dogs in 7.1 in the woods are tripping me out, like, im literally looking over my shoulder

The Griffin was glitched in my game. It was just stuck in the air so I had to restart my PS4.

The game is extremely impressive but overwhelming.

I feel like I've been at this game forever and I've only completed ten quests. Did all of my contracts save for two treasure hunts, scoured the landscape and visited all of the question marks, taking care of what ever I could handle and I only just hit level 3. Aside from the two treasure quests I just have the Griffen quest left.

I feel like I've been at this game forever and I've only completed ten quests. Did all of my contracts save for two treasure hunts, scoured the landscape and visited all of the question marks, taking care of what ever I could handle and I only just hit level 3. Aside from the two treasure quests I just have the Griffen quest left.

Out of curiosity, what's your game queue looking like right now? Do you still have Bloodborne and PoE to play/finish too?