Dodger

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC, PS4, XB1) discussion thread

Yeah, it sucks :/ But I guess I can understand where they are coming from seeing how it’s otherwise impossible to prevent pre-release illegal copies from circulating. They said, however, that all physical copies created after release will have all the files on them.

The console versions are playable out the box though right? Did I just put an an emmy winning performance at work for nothing??

Well, you do have to download a D1P for both console versions.

Well, you do have to download a D1P for both console versions.

It should be playable on PS4 (people on TW3 forums are reporting issues with Xbone version, though the mods laugh at them and say "the game isn't out yet. Wait for the patch on the 19th), but keep in mind there will be a patch this evening or tomorrow.

Yeah, it sucks :/ But I guess I can understand where they are coming from seeing how it’s otherwise impossible to prevent pre-release illegal copies from circulating. They said, however, that all physical copies created after release will have all the files on them.

It's odd because there was a stream on Twitch last night that was claimed to be of the PC version. Could it be a review copy?

I agree -- DRM is definitely an understandable way to combat piracy.

:)

CDPR teaching everyone about business after the initial few years of kumbaya, I love it :)

However, holding the .exe until release isn't exactly DRM, is it?

Sure it is!

It's managing your digital "right" (after payment) under specific conditions, in this case an arbitrary date.

I have nothing against it!

I wonder if gog is pissed steam released it an hour early.

Probably. It just unlocked on GOG Galaxy despite it saying that its not supposed to unlock for 40 minutes.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK? I started installing the game about one and a half hours ago but since then it kept and kept increasing the ETA. Now it’s reached fucking 347 minutes!! Clearly I must be doing something wrong. I mean there is no way that this takes six hours to install, right?? Also, the fucking progress bar hasn’t really progressed anymore and hangs around at ca. 15%.

Could you take a picture of the statue and post it? We're seeing some VERY fucked-up looking ones on GAF!

Yeeeesh, that looks awful. A picture you want? Have a whole album (statue pics last, at the bottom).

GUISE, HALP! I am freaking out here :(

I agree -- DRM is definitely an understandable way to combat piracy.

You do not know what DRM is.

I had most settings on ultra besides water and foliage which were on high - seems to be running OK for 1080p on a 970 but I only played for a few minutes. Will play more tonight

Holy hell this game is awesome! I did a couple of contract quests and decided to wander around. Ran into two npc's that both gave me seemingly inane quests that ended up being rather intriguing. Also ran into some drowners and found a chest nearby with a key in it. Did some more wandering and went into an abandoned cabin where the key I found was actually useful. Finally, someone got the "pointless side stuff" right and made it not so pointless or some arbitrary requirement for certain things. I'm seriously impressed with that and I hope it becomes a benchmark for open world games in the future. CDP made exploring fun again!

Panic mode deactivated, turns out my disk drive was to blame. Exchanged it with another, things went fine.

See you suckers in a week or so :P

I'll be the first to say it, but if you have to play at 1080p, its best to do so on a 3K or 4K Monitor/TV. I know that sounds counter intuitive, but the pixel density of such screens makes up for what you lose in definition. I tried playing it on my Asus 24" IPS monitor which is native 1080p and the game actually looks kinda garish with far away objects being kinda blobby and flat due to the streaming methods the game incorporates. That is much lessened at 1080p upscaled to 3K or with DSR enabled.

Just got home from work and firing this bad boy up right now. I am excite.

On your PC I hope. Start with 1080p, all post process effects enabled and set the other graphics options to high. Then see how it performs and tweak from there. Those settings got me 60fps on my laptop and your 290 is more powerful than what my laptop is rocking. Just don't enable hair works at all.

On your PC I hope. Start with 1080p, all post process effects enabled and set the other graphics options to high. Then see how it performs and tweak from there. Those settings got me 60fps on my laptop and your 290 is more powerful than what my laptop is rocking. Just don't enable hair works at all.

i guess thats what was killing my performance, but.. the hair looks so good!