Assassin's Creed Odyssey will be "much longer" than Assassin's Creed Origins

Commissar SFLUFAN

23 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

True story:

I collected the Riddler trophies in Arkham Knight twice.

Why? I dunno. I didn't force myself to do it. I just... did. O_O

Meh, those involve a little more gameplay to collect beyond just touch this feather.....

In addition there is a boss fight in Knight for completing the challenge.... in City it was the satisfaction of smashing his head in.

either way a 10 hr game can be shitty and feel endless while a good long game can feel short... i for one wanted even more content from Black Flag regardless of how big other felt it was, more legendary ships more plantations etc.

10 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

Meh, those involve a little more gameplay to collect beyond just touch this feather.....

In addition there is a boss fight in Knight for completing the challenge.... in City it was the satisfaction of smashing his head in.

either way a 10 hr game can be shitty and feel endless while a good long game can feel short... i for one wanted even more content from Black Flag regardless of how big other felt it was, more legendary ships more plantations etc.

It's still a lot of damn collectibles, but I DO agree that at least you get rewarded with something outside of a trophy! 

City probably had my favorite ending to the Riddler quest. And just hearing Riddler's desperation for I believe any of the games the closer and closer you get to collecting everything.

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'll one up you. I haven't purchased an Assassin's Creed game past Black Flag.

I do have Unity and the other one but they came free with my Xbone (pretty sure.)

I’ve only played the very first one. Series sucks IMO. 

36 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’ve only played the very first one. Series sucks IMO.  

There's pretty much universal agreement that the second game was a huge improvement over the first, so yeah, that makes sense to judge the entire series off the first one.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, really dumb to judge the entire series off the first game, which was really flawed. 

Hell, I wouldn't judge the series as it is now, based off the games prior to Unity. It's changed quite a bit. 

Makes me more curious about Origins.

37 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, really dumb to judge the entire series off the first game, which was really flawed. 

Hell, I wouldn't judge the series as it is now, based off the games prior to Unity. It's changed quite a bit. 

It’s more than just game play. The whole story line doesn’t interest me at all. Something about it just doesn’t excite me. 

2 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

More Legendary ships for sure.  That was the best part.

I'm not sure how I feel about this... If it's a good story all the way through with interesting characters like Witcher 3 then awesome. If it's just more and more unrelated missions, items to collect, etc...  to pad out the length then I'm not excited at all to hear this.

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm sure you can make time for it, if you hold off on replaying something. :batting:

It's really worth it.

Probably not for a while. :p I'm probably getting Hellblade next week on sale and then Spidey when it comes out the beginning of next month. In between, I won't be starting a game the size of AC.

It'll still be there waiting for me down the line. :p 

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

More like, I'm sure you'll replay GoW again sometime soon. And replay Spider-man shortly after you beat it.

I'm excited for Spider-man, I know nothing about Hellblade.

Where am I gonna fit God of War? I have two other games in just the next couple of weeks. :p 

For Hellblade, my friend's been pestering me about it for the better part of a year, so it's time I get into it.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

Where am I gonna fit God of War? I have two other games in just the next couple of weeks. :p 

For Hellblade, my friend's been pestering me about it for the better part of a year, so it's time I get into it.

For me Hellblade is an exceptionally made game but it stopped being fun after a few hours (the audio/visuals and story seem to be great all the way through).  I didn't enjoy the puzzles so I stopped playing.

Just now, number305 said:

For me Hellblade is an exceptionally made game but it stopped being fun after a few hours (the audio/visuals and story seem to be great all the way through).  I didn't enjoy the puzzles so I stopped playing.

I hope I don't come back to my friend with that opinion since he adores the game, but I guess I'll see haha

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Hellblade is pretty short from what I hear. I started it but got stuck on an annoying puzzle and put it down. Was really into it up until that point.