Schreier: Cyberpunk Managers Still Win Big Bonuses After Shoddy Game Launch

Brian

Though it was buggy and very clearly missing promised features, I still really fucking loved the game. Steam has me at 130 hours, which I know is incorrect since Steam would occasionally still see it running even when it was closed down, but I'd say I put a good 90 or so hours into the game. Unfortunate for all the people playing on lalst-gen consoles or older PCs, but on a Ryzen 5800x and 3080 its a very enjoyable video game.

Ultimately this game was a letdown for me. Basically a first person shooter with very minor RPG elements. I expected to get lost in this game's world and narrative and replay it with different builds and choices and I doubt I'll ever touch it again. This is one of the biggest falls from graces in gaming I've ever seen to be honest.

I'm curious as to how many refunds they gave out.  They sent me a refund through PayPal for my physical copy and then later stated they were trying to figure out a way to have customers send the games back.  They didn't and basically, everybody who signed up for a refund got the game for free.  I still have yet to actually play it.  

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Ultimately this game was a letdown for me. Basically a first person shooter with very minor RPG elements. I expected to get lost in this game's world and narrative and replay it with different builds and choices and I doubt I'll ever touch it again. This is one of the biggest falls from graces in gaming I've ever seen to be honest.

I mean, it's not like CDPR was some golden child. The Witcher was good, but it hasn't aged well at all. The Witcher 2 was fine, but it wasn't some world beater. The Witcher 3 was the only truly great game they've ever made, and then they decided they wanted to make an open world shooter.

Personally, I tempered my expectations.

2 hours ago, vaxick said:

I'm curious as to how many refunds they gave out.  They sent me a refund through PayPal for my physical copy and then later stated they were trying to figure out a way to have customers send the games back.  They didn't and basically, everybody who signed up for a refund got the game for free.  I still have yet to actually play it.  

The estimate is 180,000 units were refunded for a total of $51 million in losses.

• Shocked 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I mean, it's not like CDPR was some golden child. The Witcher was good, but it hasn't aged well at all. The Witcher 2 was fine, but it wasn't some world beater. The Witcher 3 was the only truly great game they've ever made, and then they decided they wanted to make an open world shooter.

Personally, I tempered my expectations.

They were always really good to their community though and were not known for significant bugs (unlike say a Bethesda rpg). It's a significant change. 

• 5 weeks later...