SFLUFAN

Secular Christmas "music" is the most insipid bullshit known to mankind

You don't have to even be remotely religious to recognize what hot garbage this patently bland, uninspired nonsense truly is.

I am in a restaurant enduring this assault on my eardrums by this revolting auditory malaise that has no other purpose than to form the background white noise for shopping at Macy's.

There is no sense of artistry, majesty, or dignity behind this crap.

You don't have to even be remotely religious to recognize what hot garbage this patently bland, uninspired nonsense truly is.

I am in a restaurant enduring this assault on my eardrums by this revolting auditory malaise that has no other purpose than to form the background white noise for shopping at Macy's.

There is no sense of artistry, majesty, or dignity behind this crap.

That's why I never leave my house without my MP3 player full of music and podcasts.

That's why I never leave my house without my MP3 player full of music and podcasts.

Fuck yes, nothing makes people not wanna talk to you than a big pair of headphones and a look of "SORRY I CANT HEAR YOU" while walking away and pointing at your head.

3 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Agreed.

One of my favorite radio stations plays only Christmas music from Thanksgiving to New Year. I fucking hate it and refuse to switch to that station. 

See that there is your problem :P With Spotify, Pandora and podcast there really is no reason to listen to radio anymore.

29 minutes ago, The def star said:

See that there is your problem :P With Spotify, Pandora and podcast there really is no reason to listen to radio anymore.

Call me old fashioned. I’ll always listen to the radio. 

Despite being very anti-religious, I like religious Christmas music. Religion inspires a lot of just objectively fantastic art imo.

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

Despite being very anti-religious, I like religious Christmas music. Religion inspires a lot of just objectively fantastic art imo.

It absolutely does: from "classical" religious music to architecture to sculpture to paintings.

You are so fucking right. [Insert your favorite pop star here]'s holiday jingles (that were written in June/July) don't carry behind them the weight of western civilization's 1000 year collective religious conscience and spiritual connection and are thus bullshit.