Goya Foods Faces Boycott

I've got a lot of goya stuff in my pantry but I don't think I'll be getting any more. I found a recipe for sazon and adobo what else do you need? Iberia looks like a good brand for beans. 

I mean sure you could maybe say that it's just ceo speak but... nobody made him say anything. He didn't have to go. To say nothing of his follow up on fox complaining about his freeze peach. A colossal dumbass.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Seriously though sazon is the fucking bomb and if you're wondering what the hype is all about I'd suggest starting there. 

It's just MSG with a couple other spices thrown in there, no?

3 minutes ago, Jose said:

Just like to point out that Goya is mainly about Caribbean Latinos and a little bit of stuff from Spain, too. Mexicans rarely use Goya products, apart from their beans because that shit is ubiquitous.

Non-Mexican Central Americans too. 

My wife is from Peru so we've always had Goya stuff. We have multiple bottles of Sazon and used it in the past, but it's not really a thing we use now. It really is like 50% MSG. My wife always says that when she was growing up, they basically put Sazon on everything.

Meh, I don't give enough of a crap about any of this to boycott anything. Whatever.

When the owner of Yuengling endorsed Trump in 2016, all the bars in Philly boycotted Yuengling and refused to sell it in their bars in the lead up to the election.

It was then that I realized that Yuengling never really tasted that good anyways and there were better local options. Shit, I’ll drink a PBR over Yuengling these days.

13 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

When the owner of Yuengling endorsed Trump in 2016, all the bars in Philly boycotted Yuengling and refused to sell it in their bars in the lead up to the election.

It was then that I realized that Yuengling never really tasted that good anyways and there were better local options. Shit, I’ll drink a PBR over Yuengling these days.

The entire point of Yuengling is that it just barely crosses the threshold for tasting like beer without having to actively slum it, and is priced accordingly. PBR is shittier but it's also cheaper. It's actually kind of interesting because there isn't really anything else that fill's Yuengling market niche if you live somewhere where you can't get Yuengling.

But if you have a Trader Joe's near you, Name Tag Lager is basically a better version of PBR (and still $4 per six pack). It tastes cleaner and less "chemically", basically.

10 minutes ago, Jose said:

https://vm.tiktok.com/JLhpb7u/

@Jason teach me how to embed Tiktok videos, por favor.

If something doesn't auto-embed, copy the embed code, hit the Source button in the top-left of the editor, and paste in the embed code. Even if you then hit the Source button again you often won't see the embed until you actually hit the Submit Reply button.

@alittlebitanita

I'll probably get so much hate for this. 😂😂 ##FoodReview ##goyaway ##dumptrump ##GimmeLove ##foryoupage ##fyp

♬ Why is it spicy - kissmytisha
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jason said:

The entire point of Yuengling is that it just barely crosses the threshold for tasting like beer without having to actively slum it, and is priced accordingly. PBR is shittier but it's also cheaper. It's actually kind of interesting because there isn't really anything else that fill's Yuengling market niche if you live somewhere where you can't get Yuengling.

But if you have a Trader Joe's near you, Name Tag Lager is basically a better version of PBR (and still $4 per six pack). It tastes cleaner and less "chemically", basically.

What? There are plenty of regional beers that fill that niche. Narragansett, Lone Star, Natty Boh, New Glarus, Rainier, etc. 

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You have to copy the embed code of the tik tok on the page of the original video then paste the code here but you have to push SOURCE which is on the top left of the reply box first to post the source code.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The embed icon does not appear on mobile or on the app, only on the desktop link. Pretty lame.

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

What? There are plenty of regional beers that fill that niche. Narragansett, Lone Star, Natty Boh, New Glarus, Rainier, etc. 

Not familiar with the rest of those but Natty Boh is definitely way closer to PBR than Yuengling.