Do you have stupid tattoos?

Fizzzzle

I'm watching March madness right now, and it strikes me how many of these kids have like full fucking sleeves.

I didn't get my first tattoo until I was like 24. I certainly have a couple stupid tattoos, but the difference is I KNEW they were stupid before I got them, that was kind of the point. I shudder to think what terrible shit I would have had tattooed on myself if I got a full sleeve when I was 19. I'd have like a "don't tread on me" snake or something up my back.

3 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I'm not against tattoos, but I have a hard time thinking of anything that I like enough to put it on my skin. I can't imagine ever getting one. 

The thing is the more you get tattooed, the less you really care about what it is.

For example, I have a bunch of filler space on my left elbow, I'm planning on just getting a bunch of floral edging or clouds or something. I told the artist that I want him to hide a little dick and balls with wings on it somewhere in there. Simply for my own amusement. Like, if I didn't tell you it was there, you would never know, it'd be like where's waldo only it's a tiny flying dick and it's permanently tattooed on my skin.

I don't care anymore. I got a deathly hallows tattoo for a bet.

9 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

The thing is the more you get tattooed, the less you really care about what it is.

For example, I have a bunch of filler space on my left elbow, I'm planning on just getting a bunch of floral edging or clouds or something. I told the artist that I want him to hide a little dick and balls with wings on it somewhere in there. Simply for my own amusement. Like, if I didn't tell you it was there, you would never know, it'd be like where's waldo only it's a tiny flying dick and it's permanently tattooed on my skin.

I don't care anymore. I got a deathly hallows tattoo for a bet.

This is more or less me. When you start getting your first couple you want them to be important and to mean something incredibly important to you. A couple tattoos later and you aren't nearly as worried about the meaning of the tattoo.

My friends and I have an agreement that if one of us gets a "dumb" tattoo the rest of us have to get it as well. This is my current choice

Thomas the TIE Fighter by Carlos Sanchez : StarWars

• Haha 2

I don't have any tats but I was thinking of maybe getting one to honor my brother. Like on my shoulder or something. 

His fiancé got a beautiful tattoo on her waist that reads something about my brother. It looks nice and can easily be hidden. Overall, sleeves and face tattoo's are foolish imo. 

So I wouldn't go as far in saying all tattoo's are stupid. 

On 3/29/2021 at 11:50 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

This is kinda me. If I did, it’d probably be something book related, but I have a ton of bookish shirts and all. 

Everything I would want is sacrilegious. I would want a whole scene. Plus symbols of nails and upside down crosses. 

1*DitNzkbdar48JLNcevSKgw.jpeg

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Would you put this on your back or your chest?

Bosch has a bunch of paintings like this. I would probably do 

• Right Arm - Clergy 
  • Left Arm - Saints
  • Chest - Everyone
  • Not sure about back, maybe a depiction of the morning star 

hell-follower-of-hieronymus-bosch.jpg

I love that the image above has the animals we eat and torture for clothes, shelter, comfort, for leather are the ones tearing us apart in hell. 

Hell.jpg

5f636057ce779e40782443b53f04fb96.jpg

When I was a kid I wanted to get the triforce tattooed on the back my hand to be like Link. Then I found out people who were already adults and could get tattoos without parents permission already had them. I wanted to be the only one, or the first one, with that tattoo and so I lost all desire to get the only tattoo I ever wanted. 

I am glad I never got a tattoo, but if to this day there was no one in the world with this tat then I'd prolly get it tbh. Also, boy oh boy is letting your teenaged child get inked a mistake. I am sure there are teens who are happy with their choice to get a tat in HS, but everyone I know who got a tattoo in HS regrets it.