James Bond Producers Are Reportedly Leaning Toward Idris Elba as the Next 007

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I've never seen Blade, so I don't have an opinion. But skillz, who is in the movie industry and is black, said nothing about Blade necessitates him being black, so I guess you got your answer?

I think the biggest question in this thread... what movies HAVE you seen?

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Roll your eyes all you want, I've yet to hear a good reason why James Bond can't be black.

He can and probably will. But there's also no reason why the producers can't just leave well enough alone either. But at this point the diversity police might hurl insults, burn cars, riot, loot, etc etc if they don't move forward with this idea.

1 minute ago, number305 said:

I think Spiderman handled this the best with Miles.

Have a new 00 movie with black lead... just don't have it be bond.  I don't see what the drawbacks to that are.  

and yet the internet STILL was pissed that there was a "Black Spiderman" even though he was an entirely different character... same Thor, Wolverine, Captain America, The Hulk, Superman (The Val Zod version), Storm Troopers...

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

and yet the internet STILL was pissed that there was a "Black Spiderman" even though he was an entirely different character... same Thor, Wolverine, Captain America, The Hulk, Superman (The Val Zod version), Storm Troopers...

Well the "internet" is pissed that the lesbian playing batgirl isn't lesbian enough... I don't think the internet is right in the head.

You know who would make a cool Blade? Oscar Isaac. Blade's race isn't intrinsic to the character so I don't see an issue with it.

Same thing with a black Bond. As long as he is from the UK I have no problems with his skin color. That part that doesn't matter. Ireland is in the UK, so that shouldn't be an issue for Bond either.

3 hours ago, number305 said:

I think Spiderman handled this the best with Miles.

Have a new 00 movie with black lead... just don't have it be bond.  I don't see what the drawbacks to that are.  

Ahh, yes, separate but equal 007 series.

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

The entire movie makes a jumbled mess of history and it's insulting. It's been so long since I watched it, I can't recall that part.

The part where the Irish come in to fight with the British against the Scots and they betray The Brits on the battlefield. It was a cute scene in the movie but it was completely idiotic.

EDIT: I just watched the movie recently :p

4 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

I will allow for Bond to be from the constituent parts of the United Kingdom, which would allow for actors from England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

But an actor from the bloody Republic of Ireland?!?!  That was bullshit and he it showed because he TOTALLY SUCKED as 007.

WASH YOUR MOUTH

BROSNAN WAS MAGNIFICENT

31 minutes ago, Brick said:

Speaking of Ruby Rose not being Jewish, is Batwoman Jewish heritage, or Jewish religion? If it's religion and not race I don't think Ruby Rose not being Jewish matters that much. 

It would be really weird if she's supposed to be a convert to Judaism yet she's still just referred to as "being Jewish".