• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,615 (as of June 4, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode D1Pcast Episode 28 - E3 2017 Rabbids Everywhere (Ft. SeVeN CDN and GuyWhoPostThings)   06/01/2017

E3 2017 has come and gone and now we are left with this empty feeling as we know we have to wait another 365 days for the next one. We [email protected] [email protected]@[email protected] I break down everything that was glorious (and not so glorious) at E3 2017. From EA's snoozefest to Microsoft's XOXO launch exclusivitiness to Devolver Digitals blood bath! So listen on in as we grade each conference and even have an extra special guest way in their thoughts on Ubisoft's conference in this months D1Pcast!      
The_Dude

Destiny Discussion - Year 3

29,111 posts in this topic

So its finally here, that was a long couple months for me it seemed waiting, but we rock soon.

So I figured let's get the game talk rolling!

What class are you guys planning on going with? Who likes Hunters?Warlock?

I only tried Titan, but how are hunters overall for those who played one?

The differences in gameplay seemed so small between the classes from what I saw in the beta.

I played with a Hunter, will probably stick with that.

I'm still on the fence about buying this. It looks awesome but...MMO goddamnit...I hate hate hate depending on other players to progress through content.

I believe it does! @Lucian04 , we need to log some time on this brother! :sun:

You know this is a perfect night as my wife got scheduled to work on an overnight project at work. I'm good till 4am my time. I'll bring the ExtenZe and you bring the D.

:lol: Sadly My wife has surgery today so I'm on dad/house doctor role all night long, all nighheeet! :daydream: BUT, tomorrow night on (provided all goes well) I am a Destiny man this week! :sun:

I'm gonna watch / listen to Jeff G play on twitch all day... at least until he gets to something I haven't seen yet, and I don't want spoilers. I'm doubting the story in this is something worth avoiding "spoilers" though... I'd like to see new planets for the first time on my own though, I've only seen earth so far.

http://www.twitch.tv/jeffgerstmann

I purchased PS3 Digital Guardian edition last night, with the intent of getting the PS4 version for free, but it didn't make the PS4 version free yet. I hope that flips some time today...

Class by class the gunplay doesn't feel any different, so don't worry about that when picking your class. The main difference you will feel will be between your powers and how the jumping feels.

I can't decide if I'm getting the game. I can't stand (or more don't have time for) MMO's (where co-op/raids are a must). I do enjoy the lone-wolf running and gunning in it though (in the Beta).

I think the amount of single-player joy I can get from it will be the deciding factor in the end. I hope this is covered in at least one good review.

How is the hunter tho, are snipers pretty powerful feeling?

As long as you have ammo, and are at a distance, they obliterate enemies quickly.

Class by class the gunplay doesn't feel any different, so don't worry about that when picking your class. The main difference you will feel will be between your powers and how the jumping feels.

What are hunters powers?

So Titans can use sniper rifles? I wasn't sure because I didn't do a ton in beta, just wanted to get the feel and hated the tease.

What are hunters powers?

So Titans can use sniper rifles? I wasn't sure because I didn't do a ton in beta, just wanted to get the feel and hated the tease.

I think any class can use any weapon type. I think (again not 100% sure), that they may have some perks to weapons that "match" your class as you level up.

I haven't been hyped for a game like this in quite a long time... but for dropping $100 on it, I better be...

I suspect I'll be playing lots of this from my Vita as my GF watches other stuff on the TV... she already hates this game from the short time I played the beta.

Jeff G stream just reached the Moon... time to stop watching. :(

I haven't been hyped for a game like this in quite a long time... but for dropping $100 on it, I better be...

I suspect I'll be playing lots of this from my Vita as my GF watches other stuff on the TV... she already hates this game from the short time I played the beta.

Jeff G stream just reached the Moon... time to stop watching. :(

I enjoyed the moon mission(s). Did you get to play them?

What are hunters powers?

Hunters can summon a powerful gun which basically one shots enemies if I recall

I enjoyed the moon mission(s). Did you get to play them?

Nope. Wasn't online at the time. Saving the surprise for play. Though I've seen some brief images here and there I'm sure. But I don't know that the reveal is like.

Can subclass be changed at any point?

3 character slots means I'll have one of each class, but I'd need 6 to have all subclasses. One of each mail/female would be nice too.

It's almost too bad that character progress is shared between PS3 and PS4 versions...

I played Titan during the beta but may try out Warlock first. I'd like some more "Force-like" powers to vary up the gunplay. Am I wrong in assuming that's what the Warlock is like?

I've said it before, but one of the best feels in the game is running up to an enemy, sliding (under enemy fire), and then popping up at the last second to force punch (Warlock) and kill the enemy.