~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

8 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Credibility would go up if they stopped lumping together events like this Colorado incident and last week's from Georgia, with gangland shootings and the like.  Events like Colorado and Georgia have different causes and different solutions than the other 95% of gun murders.  

But I agree with some of your sentiments here - if Sandy Hook didn't change anything, nothing probably will. 

3 hours ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

The book on this closed with Sandy Hook as far as I'm concerned.  If that doesn't move the needle, nothing ever will.  I just hope hell is real so that the complicit politicians burn in it.

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Shocking.

Any hope for gun control died with Sandy Hook.

1 hour ago, Littleronin said:

It didn't just die. It got dumped in a landfill and buried under heaps of trash. 

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

But I agree with some of your sentiments here - if Sandy Hook didn't change anything, nothing probably will. 

I don't mean for this to be a harsh criticism: I empathize with this sentiment, and I understand that maybe it's more a temporary expression of frustration than actual long-term apathy.... but despair only plays in to the hands of the ammosexuals.  Fuck. That.  

We got this. :mhug:

I mean, I don't want it to be true, it just is. I'd like a repeal of 2A, start from scratch, let people who want to take a safety course and get a permit to own a bolt-action rifle to hunt with and that be that.

But it's not happening anytime remotely soon. We'd need a drastic shift at all levels of government and the culture.

The Canadian Onion version:

__________, USA — Up to ___ people were killed and ____ more injured after a gunman opened fire at a ________.

There were conflicting reports about casualties, but _______ from _______County Sheriff Department said the number is at __.

“I heard a popping sound and screaming,” said _________, a _________ at the __________. “And that’s when we all got down. There was ______ everywhere.”

The shooter’s motive was reported to be ________________.

Citizens of _______ were ______ and ______ to hear that something like this could happen in their community.

President _______ and Governor _______ had their _______ and _______ with the victims and their families.

____________________________________________________ gun control ___________________.

The NRA released a statement stating it __________with the victims, but _________ Second Amendment rights and _______________.

SEE MORE: GUNS

2 minutes ago, elbobo said:
https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.
WWW.FORBES.COM

Alissa has been charged with 10 counts of murder in the first degree in connection with the Monday mass shooting.

no motive released yet

Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa

"This is fine because it reinforces my preexisting biases."

10 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

Credibility would go up if they stopped lumping together events like this Colorado incident and last week's from Georgia, with gangland shootings and the like.  Events like Colorado and Georgia have different causes and different solutions than the other 95% of gun murders.  

Credibility is not relevant. It doesn’t matter. The most unique circumstance when it comes to America’s gun violence problem is the prevalence of gun ownership. Everything else is a distraction, attempts to find a symptom and call it the disease, or seeks to obfuscate through semantics like defining “mass shooting” differently / saying something isn’t violent because the shooter aimed the gun at their own head.

“But gangland shootings,” is a red herring.

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

Wonder how the NRA and GOP will react to the shooting if it was motivated by religious (and non-Christian) beliefs.

Then obviously we need 2A so good guys with guns can stop Islamic terrorists. 

• Thanks 2

NEWS.GALLUP.COM

The vast majority of Americans, including many gun owners, favor background checks for all gun purchases, 30-day waiting periods and gun registration.

Unrelated but 75% of americans are in favor of a 30 day waiting period for all gun sales, and 70% for requiring gun registration with the police. Let's do what's popular (even though the cops won't give a shit because they're filled with right wing terrorists)