MetalGearMax

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition officially announced

Here's the skinny

• Four new challengers enter the ring: Yun, Yang, Oni and Evil Ryu.

d38ccd129344d62b57a542481cc7b883.jpg?v=143100018da60fb39bb0d18b4172e31f36b3bd.jpg?v=143100

cd0e2d34a05cba5b2d991304574719c7.jpg?v=1431003489483b371bc7018e527fb93fb8a9ac.jpg?v=143100

• Updated Character Balancing: Features all new character balancing, further refining gameplay.

• Updated Replay Channel

• Replay Follower: Be able to follow up to 5 separate player replays making it easier tofind your favorite players’ latest replay.

• My Channel Advanced: Allows players to distribute their replay data to up to 50 players.

• Elite Channel: Watch replay data from elite players who have a rating of 3000PP or more.

• Disc version contains full SSFIV game with all SSFIV characters unlocked out of the box, including Yun & Yang, Oni, and Evil Ryu.

Non SSF4AE owners can play against the four new characters in matchmaking as well!

360, PS3 and PC

Release: Summer

No price yet

Cool! People bitched like hell that SSF4 should have been DLC, so now Capcom are giving players a choice with the 2nd update.

As a Street Fighter fan of over 18 years now , the news does not surprise me one bit. Its like we are back during the Street Fighter 2/turbo/championship/hyper/super/HD remix/ era again. [face_nerd]

I like that there's Ken, Ryu, Akuma, Gouken.

What should we do with the already overpowered Akuma? Why make an even more over the top version.

Great! :D

There will be an update DLC for SSFIV/SSFIVA online compatibility. Good addition from Capcom.

I think I've invested enough money into Street Fighter 4, lol. I'm okay with a break for the meanwhile.

Hmmm...

I really liked Street Fighter 4. Spent a lot of money on a joystick a gamepad, downloadable content... played it a bit, but not that much. Not enough to justify the money.

Bought Super Street Fighter 4. Played it a little. Stopped.

I dunno. I'm a big Street Fighter fanboy, but no one in my life plays it but me, and I don't have the raw skill or time to invest in getting good enough to compete online.

Ugh.

How much will standalone be? I still feel ripped off for getting SF4

Nice! I actually don't own any version of SFIV currently, so I'll be buying this for sure.

Why not wait? It's capcom and street fighter. There will be a new one next year that's even more improved with more characters. They may as well just start adding the years of release in the names. So if you want Street Fighter 4 2011 go ahead, but don't say I didn't warn you when next year it is replaced by SF4 2012.

It bugs me that with SSFIV Capcom has unlocked all of the characters out of the box.

I mostly play Stree Fighter solo, and working my way through the game to unlock each character is what kept me playing for so long. If there is no clear goal to work towards, I will lose interest in the game much more quickly.

Why not wait? It's capcom and street fighter. There will be a new one next year that's even more improved with more characters. They may as well just start adding the years of release in the names. So if you want Street Fighter 4 2011 go ahead, but don't say I didn't warn you when next year it is replaced by SF4 2012.

They pretty much are doing that [face_thinking] . Next year it will be Street Fighter 4 Alpha.

It bugs me that with SSFIV Capcom has unlocked all of the characters out of the box.

I mostly play Stree Fighter solo, and working my way through the game to unlock each character is what kept me playing for so long. If there is no clear goal to work towards, I will lose interest in the game much more quickly.

I kinda agree with this. I think the reason I stopped playing Soul Calibur and MvC2 on XBLA was coz everything was unlocked from the go. It killed the single player for me and with SC I never played it in multi coz it wasn't online.

Sports games do it. I fail to see the problem.

Next year is Street FighterXTekken, it'd be a bit strange trying and sell two Street Fighters against each other so I doubt there'll be another SF4 released.