Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (PS5/Xbox Series/PC) - update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

As discovered earlier today by ResetERA posters.

Warner Bros might be close to revealing a new Batman game, as well as a Suicide Squad game. We know that the company will be showing off games at the DC Fandome digital event on August 22, and a handful of newly-registered domains discovered by ResetEra user DriftingOrbit point toward a game called "Gotham Knights" and a game based on Suicide Squad.

The domain names popped up yesterday on Restera, where fans noted they were registered by a company connected to Warner Bros. Eurogamer understands this to be accurate.

Both projects are set to be teased at Warner Bros.' upcoming DC Fandome event in August, Eurogamer understands.

Expect to see a little of Gotham Knights, which while unannounced has been continually hyped via various "Court of Owls" hints for more than a year.

Expect to see very little of Rocksteady's Suicide Squad, which is further off from launch. Both projects are being developed for next-gen consoles.

11 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

JL > SS

Yes. Almost any single member of the JL could take out the entirety of the SS, in any incarnation, with very little effort. There is going to have to be some big McGuffin to make anything else seem plausible.

1 hour ago, jaethos said:

Yes. Almost any single member of the JL could take out the entirety of the SS, in any incarnation, with very little effort. There is going to have to be some big McGuffin to make anything else seem plausible.

The Suicide Squad isn't meant to take on the Justice League though :confused: They're meant to go into missions the government needs done, but don't want to send in their own soldiers, know heroes won't agree to because it's usually morally questionable, and need some sort of plausible deniability in case shit hits the fan because the members are always convicts. 

A single-character focused title, in other than the Batman-related universe, is what I want.  We should have a good Superman game by now.  A Flash game that's faster-paced Prototype/Infamous, with some bullet and rewind time, is easily doable.  Hell throw in some open-world shortcuts like GTA, maybe even a few Sonic-style platforming elements sprinkled about.  And, well, a Wonder Woman game has practically already been made under a different name.  Martian Manhunter's abilities are perfectly suited for (breaking) video games: No-clip activate!  A game that covers all types of genres is possible with Manhunter, but a more tactical stealth game would be awesome.  He's got invisibility so you can throw in stealth, along with walking through walls.  You can turn enemies into allies/partners, distantly take complete control of a NPC, or shape-shift yourself into anyone.  The most challenging character to nail the aspect of feeling like you are that hero would be Green Lantern - because imagination is key - but there are ways to do it.

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2020 at 4:40 AM, cusideabelincoln said:

A single-character focused title, in other than the Batman-related universe, is what I want.  We should have a good Superman game by now.  A Flash game that's faster-paced Prototype/Infamous, with some bullet and rewind time, is easily doable.  Hell throw in some open-world shortcuts like GTA, maybe even a few Sonic-style platforming elements sprinkled about.  And, well, a Wonder Woman game has practically already been made under a different name.  Martian Manhunter's abilities are perfectly suited for (breaking) video games: No-clip activate!  A game that covers all types of genres is possible with Manhunter, but a more tactical stealth game would be awesome.  He's got invisibility so you can throw in stealth, along with walking through walls.  You can turn enemies into allies/partners, distantly take complete control of a NPC, or shape-shift yourself into anyone.  The most challenging character to nail the aspect of feeling like you are that hero would be Green Lantern - because imagination is key - but there are ways to do it.

I think that, but as a character I don't really know how they would make a fun/interesting game - maybe just a VR experience?

I would enjoy a Suicide Squad game and, probably because I've just started playing it again, if they used Hitman as a model with set missions, where you could use specific characters/methods to complete each part - blended with some big set pieces. 

26 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

I think that, but as a character I don't really know how they would make a fun/interesting game - maybe just a VR experience?

As a kid, I would also wonder how they could make a compelling Superman game. My only thought was to have Supes take on enemies that are well-versed in magic. Besides Kryptonite, magic seems to be his only other weakness. So you could still have access to all his powers, but the foes would be able to fight back without some dumb “Kryptonite is somewhere around here so Superman’s powers are lessened right now!” excuse. 

Either that, or the game takes place on another planet (Apokolypse?) where all the enemies are just as tough as Superman.

Throw in some time-challenges to mix up the gameplay (fly from point A to point B in X-amount of time to stop a bomb from exploding/save someone/catch a falling building, whatever) and I think developers would have at least SOMETHING to start from and build upon. 

But I’m no developer so what do I know. :p

41 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

As a kid, I would also wonder how they could make a compelling Superman game. My only thought was to have Supes take on enemies that are well-versed in magic. Besides Kryptonite, magic seems to be his only other weakness. So you could still have access to all his powers, but the foes would be able to fight back without some dumb “Kryptonite is somewhere around here so Superman’s powers are lessened right now!” excuse. 

Either that, or the game takes place on another planet (Apokolypse?) where all the enemies are just as tough as Superman.

Throw in some time-challenges to mix up the gameplay (fly from point A to point B in X-amount of time to stop a bomb from exploding/save someone/catch a falling building, whatever) and I think developers would have at least SOMETHING to start from and build upon. 

But I’m no developer so what do I know. :p

Injustice is (are) the best superman game(s)

On 6/22/2020 at 11:10 PM, Brick said:

The Suicide Squad isn't meant to take on the Justice League though :confused: They're meant to go into missions the government needs done, but don't want to send in their own soldiers, know heroes won't agree to because it's usually morally questionable, and need some sort of plausible deniability in case shit hits the fan because the members are always convicts. 

They're also expendable... hence the name nickname "The Suicide Squad". They real name of the team is "Task Force X." They're current comic is awesome BTW... it's done by the same team that did the Injustice comics.

Games firm Rocksteady accused of inaction over staff harassment (The Guardian)

More than half of the women employed at the London-based video game developer Rocksteady two years ago signed a letter to bosses accusing the studio of failing to prevent sexual harassment and inappropriate behaviour in the office, the Guardian can reveal.

The letter, dated November 2018 and signed by 10 of the company’s 16 female staff at the time, raised complaints about behaviour including “slurs regarding the transgendered community” and “discussing a woman in a derogatory or sexual manner with other colleagues”, and sexual harassment “in the form of unwanted advances, leering at parts of a woman’s body, and inappropriate comments in the office”.

Since then it is claimed that the response has amounted to one training seminar, and that multiple signatories have left the company owing to the lack of action.

After this article was published, Kim MacAskill -- a long-time senior writer on Suicide Squad -- revealed that she was the author of the letter referenced in the Guardian article:

Due to the studio's inaction to address the toxic workplace environment, she has requested that she not be credited for her work on the game.

• Shocked 2

• Third-person shooter
  • Character-drive storytelling
  • Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is a direct continuation of the Arkhamverse
  • Playable character are Harley Quinn, King Shark, Deadshot and Captain Boomerang
  • Each have a variety of weapons to customize and skills to upgrade
  • "Awesome" gunplay, superhuman empowerment, each character has a rich moveset and more than Batman
  • Richly detailed and dynamic open-world of Metropolis, everyone has their own traversal abilities
  • Metropolis is the fifth character in the game, give it life beyond brick and mortar
  • Can be played solo or 1-4 player co-op
  • If playing solo, bots will replace the other 3 teammates
  • Can switch between the characters at will if playing solo

I just don't really undestand the decision to make it Suicide Squad over Justice League.

I think it'd automatically be a million times more desirable if the 4 playable characters were Batman, Wonderwoman, Flash, and Aquaman or something.

I'm sure the game will be great, but he 4 playable characters don't do much to excite me initially.

45 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I just don't really undestand the decision to make it Suicide Squad over Justice League.

I think it'd automatically be a million times more desirable if the 4 playable characters were Batman, Wonderwoman, Flash, and Aquaman or something.

I'm sure the game will be great, but he 4 playable characters don't do much to excite me initially.

Plenty of Batman games. Give me something different. 

• Thanks 1