TRIANGLE STRATEGY [March 04, 2022] - Steam Version Coming October 13

Keyser_Soze

Three nations battle for control of the dwindling resources of salt and iron

Command a group of warriors as Serenoa, heir to the Kingdom of Glenbrook in a tangled plot where your decisions make all the difference. Key choices you make will bolster one of three convictions—Utility, Morality, Liberty—which together make up Serenoa’s world view and influence how the story will unfold. When faced with truly momentous decisions, multiple characters will weigh in by casting their votes on the Scales of Conviction. In these moments, the allies and decisions you make can determine the fate of whole nations and the continent of Norzelia itself.

Control multi-tiered battlefields to strategically secure victory

Finding the best location in turn-based battles can tip the tide of combat in your favor. Position units on higher ground to take control of the battlefield and gain the advantage with increased range. You can also flank enemies on both sides, then strike from behind for a powerful follow-up attack. Elemental chain reactions are also an important part of combat. For example, use fire to melt icy terrain, then use lightning to electrocute it. Push the enemy into the electrified water to see sparks fly!

7 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Yes, but arguably a bit better I'm shocked to say!

Better how? :thinking:

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

This has quickly become my most anticipated rpg after playing the demo. Big FFT:WotL vibes, and an art style I love. 

After hearing your and Vic's impressions I am excited! With it being so far out hopefully the switch pro will launch before then.

So I’ve barely played any turn based tactical RPGs. A little Banner Saga and a little Ogre Battle back in the day. Which is what this seems to be? Tried it just because it looked fun in the video and I’m really into it. The story seems cool and the one battle I did on the bridge was a lot of fun.  I have no idea if this a good representation of the genre but I’ve enjoyed what I played so far and am actually looking forward to the full release. Never too old to try new stuff haha

6 hours ago, DPCyric said:

Better how? :thinking:

It's like FF Tactics plus. Each world map is prettier, more interactive, and has layers to it. The maps are little living dioramas, and they really draw you in! So far the different skill trees for each character class seem more interesting and the way you can stack your characters around an enemy to gain multiple bonus strikes is great! Everything is tactics or tactics done better right down to the magic and power attacks that pop quite a bit more due to the improved power of the hardware (a weird thing to say about the switch but true in context to comparing it to the PS1). OH and the music and voice acting are very good as well! 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

It's like FF Tactics plus. Each world map is prettier, more interactive, and has layers to it. The maps are little living dioramas, and they really draw you in! So far the different skill trees for each character class seem more interesting and the way you can stack your characters around an enemy to gain multiple bonus strikes is great! Everything is tactics or tactics done better right down to the magic and power attacks that pop quite a bit more due to the improved power of the hardware (a weird thing to say about the switch but true in context to comparing it to the PS1). OH and the music and voice acting are very good as well! 

Can't you stack attacks in the Dsigea games? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of tactical RPGs out there that you can do this in.

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Can't you stack attacks in the Dsigea games? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of tactical RPGs out there that you can do this in.

Absolutely, it's not unique now, and can be found in several other tactics series, but I'm describing how this game compares to FF Tactics specifically, as my claim is that it's better FF:T. 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Specifically the claim, or that run on sentence I used to make it? My God, the commas are endless! :daydream:

Speaking of blasphemy and FFT, War of the Lions is on ios, but I've yet to fire it up. Do you know if this is a straight up port or have they done anything to the gameplay?

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Speaking of blasphemy and FFT, War of the Lions is on ios, but I've yet to fire it up. Do you know if this is a straight up port or have they done anything to the gameplay?

It is a port ,but it's a port of a port, sporting the overhauled CG cutscenes introduced in the "war of the lions" version, but otherwise its left largely unchanged. I believe there are a few menu based QoL improvements as well. 

24 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

It is a port ,but it's a port of a port, sporting the overhauled CG cutscenes introduced in the "war of the lions" version, but otherwise its left largely unchanged. I believe there are a few menu based QoL improvements as well. 

You can also get prime gaming rewards for it :o

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I played Tactics on my Android, and the touch controls are fantastic - the port is excellent (rare for Square Enix) and looks sharp and beautiful to boot. A rare recommend from me for a mobile port. Definitely worth playing if you don't want to emulate the PSP version on your PC. It is a port of the superior War of the Lions version.

On 2/19/2021 at 8:13 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

You can also get prime gaming rewards for it :o

No that's for the mediocre gacha game "War of Visions". Granted it's better than FFTA and that Fire Emblem gacha game but thats a pretty low bar to cross.

9 hours ago, TheLeon said:

A demo this early is strange. It’s cool that they announced it and had something playable right away, but they don’t even have a title. I can’t run out to my local Gamestonk and place a preorder, can I? 

The demo is out so early so they can get feedback and make changes!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You can't even preorder it on Nintendo's website.

Gamestonk on the other hand, I'm sure they'd gladly take a preorder if you went in in person.

You can probably pre order Fallout 5 from Gamestonk and to their credit if they are still around in 2028 they’d probably have a copy for you.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 2:00 PM, DPCyric said:

No that's for the mediocre gacha game "War of Visions". Granted it's better than FFTA and that Fire Emblem gacha game but thats a pretty low bar to cross.

Yeah turns out this was the game I was thinking about. The rest of everyone else you've been zero help! :talkhand:

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 6:59 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

@DPCyric They added everyone's favorite FF characters, Yuna and Tidus, to War of Visions!

Hey I really like FFX Yuna is one of my favorites :p I had a 3rd degree chemical burn at that time, was heavily medicated and could only play turned based games FFX helped get me through it (it's a great game with enough drugs!). Also they are hosting a first year anniversary with a ton of free stuff so since I am off work and in bed I'm playing it. The game is still an epic fucking mess it's all of the late game F2P RPG resource grind + right out of the gate 🤢 but the gameplay and story are alright so far... This seems to be one that once I get done with the story it will be dead to me I like Langrisser and Arknights.

52 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Hey I really like FFX Yuna is one of my favorites :p I had a 3rd degree chemical burn at that time, was heavily medicated and could only play turned based games FFX helped get me through it (it's a great game with enough drugs!). Also they are hosting a first year anniversary with a ton of free stuff so since I am off work and in bed I'm playing it. The game is still an epic fucking mess it's all of the late game F2P RPG resource grind + right out of the gate 🤢 but the gameplay and story are alright so far... This seems to be one that once I get done with the story it will be dead to me I like Langrisser and Arknights.

So I need to buy FFX and Fx-2 and smoke while playing?