TRIANGLE STRATEGY [March 04, 2022] - Steam Version Coming October 13

Keyser_Soze

I'm really debating whether or not I should play the latest demo. I enjoyed the first demo well enough, so I'm already sold on this stupidly-named game. Do I really need another demo at this point? Probably not. But it's so enticing! 

Regardless, I'm looking forward to diving into this game once it releases. From where I'm sitting, it looks like it's going to be the new king of turn-based strategy games of this ilk. Topping Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre in one fell swoop. 

11 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

I'm really debating whether or not I should play the latest demo. I enjoyed the first demo well enough, so I'm already sold on this stupidly-named game. Do I really need another demo at this point? Probably not. But it's so enticing!

Your progress carries over so you should play it.

28 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

I get that, but does it do me any good to start it now? I feel like I should just start the game when it comes out and play through it in one go. I dunno. *shrugs*

Most say it’s 5 hours of content so I would wait. It’s a lot of names being thrown at you that you will forget by the time the game releases. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've downloaded the demo but I don't know if I want to try it or just wait for the PC version. The PC version of Octopath was leagues more enjoyable than the Steam one... But if it's a really long wait...

Well, in any case, not a big concern right now with Witch Queen, Elden Ring, FF6 PR, Dying Light 2, etc clogging up my immediate backlog.

9 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

I've downloaded the demo but I don't know if I want to try it or just wait for the PC version. The PC version of Octopath was leagues more enjoyable than the Steam one... But if it's a really long wait...

Well, in any case, not a big concern right now with Witch Queen, Elden Ring, FF6 PR, Dying Light 2, etc clogging up my immediate backlog.

Ahh best person to ask. Does Octopath have better quality PC assets?, i own it on the switch and if it doesn't I rather just dump the ROM.

35 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Ahh best person to ask. Does Octopath have better quality PC assets?, i own it on the switch and if it doesn't I rather just dump the ROM.

I'm not sure if the assets themselves are better, but I think things like spell effects and such are. The main thing is that it's at a tremendously higher native resolution, has instant load times, and runs at a really high frame rate with no slowdown. So the game is extremely clear and smooth, which suits the art style much better.

Oh and I think PC has proper anisotropic filtering? In fact lemme just bring up the DF video since I can't remember all this off the top of my head:

EDIT: Rewatching that, I totally forgot about the weird seams in the Switch version of big monsters. Dunno if Triangle Strategy has any big enemies but I'd hope they got that issue fixed.

On 3/5/2022 at 6:14 AM, Xbob42 said:

I'm not sure if the assets themselves are better, but I think things like spell effects and such are. The main thing is that it's at a tremendously higher native resolution, has instant load times, and runs at a really high frame rate with no slowdown. So the game is extremely clear and smooth, which suits the art style much better.

Oh and I think PC has proper anisotropic filtering? In fact lemme just bring up the DF video since I can't remember all this off the top of my head:

EDIT: Rewatching that, I totally forgot about the weird seams in the Switch version of big monsters. Dunno if Triangle Strategy has any big enemies but I'd hope they got that issue fixed.

Ok ya gonna wait for a PC release. 

Got yuzu up and running on the Aya Neo. 720p with a steady 30FPS on Xenoblade Chronicles Deluxe. Might be able to play Hyrule Warriors on this thing. I almost want to try this on my desktop but I rather keep the switch games to handheld use since I have put wayyyy too much time into gaming. (Light at the end of the tunnel know as Elden Ring)

On 2/16/2022 at 12:41 PM, GameDadGrant said:

Regardless, I'm looking forward to diving into this game once it releases. From where I'm sitting, it looks like it's going to be the new king of turn-based strategy games of this ilk. Topping Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre in one fell swoop. 

The name isn't stupid at all once you get into the game and story.

In fact, it's extremely aptly named. 

This is the best TRPG ive played in a very long time. It's nice to see SE to continue to work in the genre.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

But we knew the story from the very first time the game was shown, the saltiron war and all that with the 3 factions. Doesn't make the title any less dumb.

It makes it more dumb. What a terribly named game.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • Keyser_Soze changed the title to TRIANGLE STRATEGY [March 04, 2022] - Steam Version Coming October 13
  • 1 month later...

Been waiting for the PC release, just bought and downloaded it and about 2 hours in, playing on hard. Game is gorgeous. Love the 2D-HD art style, definitely harkens back to the great 2D games of old but modernized. It looks great on PC in native 4K at 60fps. Game seems great so far, though I can tell on hard it's gonna be tough early on.