Sign in to follow this  
Kleon333

How many gaming controllers have you broken?

Over the years of frustrations and throwing controllers I have broken a few. They all still work but with some flaws, I have gotten rid of most of them as my older systems are retired. However, I currently do have 2 Xbox 360 controllers with minor flaws, one of them has a cracked base and a sticky B-Button from having whiskey spilled on it. The other has a loose battery pack which sometimes causes it to disconnect in the middle of a game. I still keep them for when my friends come over, I use the brand new one I have.

Anyone else sporting some broken controllers due to frustrations? It can be an expensive mistake lol

After a PS2 controller saw it's last game in college, we gutted the controller and kept just the shell to throw around. That worked great.

This generation though, I don't think I've thrown my controller ever.

I have never broke a controller out of rage. I've broken them from over use though, all via Smash Brothers and Smash Brothers Melee.

None. I sell mine after about a year or so, then get new onses. I like the feel of new controllers. The newest 360 controller with the new D-pad might be the best controller ever made. I love the new D-Pad and really love the new stick grips.

I've never broken a controller, either through extended use or rage. I try to take care of my stuff. [face_peace]

I've got four Atari 5200 controllers now though, so we'll see how long those last.

I've only had a Interplay Sega Genesis controller break on me.

Never out of rage, but Mario party destroyed the joystick on my N64 controllers.

Yeah, the analogue sticks on those were pretty weak. I know between me and my group of friends, we must have gone through every color of controller available, we were constantly buying new ones.

Went through a lot of DS1 and DS2 controllers too, not really from anger, but just from tossing them around the room and failing to catch them, which over time would knock the motors out of place in the handles so they would start rattling around

None. I sell mine after about a year or so, then get new onses. I like the feel of new controllers. The newest 360 controller with the new D-pad might be the best controller ever made. I love the new D-Pad and really love the new stick grips.

There's no better feeling than a new controller in a gamers hands.

I've never broken a controller out of rage, but like many others on here, have worn-out my fair share of controllers.

My all time favorite gamer rage story has to be one of my old friends, who got so pissed that yet another (his second) PS1 was skipping and wouldn't load games anymore that he completely flipped out and smashed it into hundreds of pieces on the floor of his room and then proceeded to nail most of the parts to his wall as some sort of war trophy.

He had a few anger issues.

Controllers are really well made this gen it seems. I don't throw mine or rage on them and i went through 7 gamecube controllers last gen.

So far the only problem i've had is my original 360 controller, the left analog is worn out but it still works, you just can't run backwards, if you push back it only registers about half the stick push.

Never out of rage,

Back in the days of Goldeneye, Mario Kart, Battletanx and Mario Party on N64, we went through a ton of N64 controllers just from wearing them out and the analog sticks just stopped working.

I've never broken any in anger. I have broken two 360 controllers, but they're just shoddy hardware. Hell, one of them broke after one week of use. I think I broke a NES controller when I was a kid, but I don't recall how it happened. I probably stepped on it or something.