johnny

IS THE DUDE GONNA GET ANOTHER SPIN OFF SHOW

WILL HE BE THE GAMING OUTSIDER AGAIN

WILL HE SELL BBQ SAUCE

@The_Dude QUOTE:

I gotta go, i just need to part ways. Nothing I ever say really gets any merit or credit, so what's the point anymore.

I'm wrong, everyone else is right and im ok with it. But my use here I think is about moot at this point. I don't think it matters really to anyone whether I'm here or gone, I never get even an ounce of support.. So I'm tired, its worn me out. Just need a new atmosphere I think.

WHAT WILL THE NEW ATMOSPHERE BE? WILL HE GET PERMA'D ATTEMPTING TO CONVERT USERS TO HIS SHOW

SPECULATE ITT

My favorite thing about go was when our more abrasive members "quit" d1p after a ban and joined GO only to get perm'd over there.

I joined GO for a second and got PMs from seth and cnut immediately letting me know that my argumentative style of posting wouldn't be well tolerated there.

I joined GO for a second and got PMs from seth and cnut immediately letting me know that my argumentative style of posting wouldn't be well tolerated there.

are you kidding me? :lol:

I don't really recall PMing you. I remember telling you at some point religion and politics were strongly discouraged from being discussed. That was something I disagreed with vehemently on, too. It was one of the reasons I quit the staff there and came back here.

But yeah, GO is dead. It died long after Seth let go of it completely.

:shrug:

I don't really recall PMing you. I remember telling you at some point religion and politics were strongly discouraged from being discussed. That was something I disagreed with vehemently on, too. It was one of the reasons I quit the staff there and came back here.

Getting you to quit go (admittedly more Mal than me) was one of my prouder moments :daydream:

Wtf... he said that yesterday?

This is odd as everyone here likes him.

Yeah I don't know where this is coming from. I haven't seen any hostility to him.

Yeah I don't know where this is coming from. I haven't seen any hostility to him.

I think some people perceive disagreement as hostility.

That seems about in line with what I'd expect those two to say.

Lol

That seems about in line with what I'd expect those two to say.

Except that's not exactly how it went, as I explained in the post directly below. :thumbsup: The fact that I participate in a ton of religious and political debates here and have a more aggressive style some of the time would make it seem the opposite of what you'd expect me to say. :)

Getting you to quit go (admittedly more Mal than me) was one of my prouder moments :daydream:

I give Mal 90% of the credit. :daydream:

i remember when Seth asked for help in Dark Souls because he was stuck and it turned into an 8 page thread about how he should be playing it on PC instead of PS3. i dont think anyone actually gave him advice on what to do in game lol. don't blame him for wanting out.

i remember when Seth asked for help in Dark Souls because he was stuck and it turned into an 8 page thread about how he should be playing it on PC instead of PS3. i dont think anyone actually gave him advice on what to do in game lol. don't blame him for wanting out.

He's leaving because people criticize games.

I can't seem to log in to check but neither of you were rude about it or anything and, from what I remember, you were just letting me know how the atmosphere was less antagonistic there and the rules were different or something. This was also during the time where we didn't get along very well if I remember right. Do you still have access to the PM thread?

He's leaving because people criticize games.

I could see this. He has an overly too-positive attitude to everything. He's like OG towards religious stuff, except for everything. I don't think he recognizes a lot of flaws in games that others don't like.

Except that's not exactly how it went, as I explained in the post directly below. :thumbsup: The fact that I participate in a ton of religious and political debates here and have a more aggressive style some of the time would make it seem the opposite of what you'd expect me to say. :)

I give Mal 90% of the credit. :daydream:

Just give me my due when/if you make your move :P

I could see this. He has an overly too-positive attitude to everything. He's like OG towards religious stuff, except for everything. I don't think he recognizes a lot of flaws in games that others don't like.

If you don't uncritically praise a game, then you hate the game.

I can't seem to log in to check but neither of you were rude about it or anything and, from what I remember, you were just letting me know how the atmosphere was less antagonistic there and the rules were different or something. This was also during the time where we didn't get along very well if I remember right. Do you still have access to the PM thread?

Yeah. As best I can remember, I was just letting you know before any drama happened. I didn't want you to come in with false expectations. I don't recall not getting along at that point because I think you'd come to D1P after I'd left here and I hadn't really had much interaction with you. I don't have any access. That board is completely dead. Seth passed off all ownership and responsibilities to a dude name SpaceMonkey and he let it die sometime after Seth had completely left the site. I'd left the site a good while before Seth, due to fundamental disagreements on how it should be run. I didn't like the overt hostilities here that you see/saw so much, but I disliked how vanilla GO was and how certain topics were just completely off limits.

Just give me my due when/if you make your move :P

Promise. <3

Yeah. As best I can remember, I was just letting you know before any drama happened. I didn't want you to come in with false expectations. I don't recall not getting along at that point because I think you'd come to D1P after I'd left here and I hadn't really had much interaction with you. I don't have any access. That board is completely dead. Seth passed off all ownership and responsibilities to a dude name SpaceMonkey and he let it die sometime after Seth had completely left the site. I'd left the site a good while before Seth, due to fundamental disagreements on how it should be run. I didn't like the overt hostilities here that you see/saw so much, but I disliked how vanilla GO was and how certain topics were just completely off limits.

Yeah, I think that was right during the time when you first came back to D1P or right after, right around the time you went off on me for being a dick to OG on the religion board here. :P But yeah, you weren't a dick about it or anything and just let me know that arguments weren't tolerated very well there.

Yeah, I think that was right during the time when you first came back to D1P or right after, right around the time you went off on me for being a dick to OG on the religion board here. :P But yeah, you weren't a dick about it or anything and just let me know that arguments weren't tolerated very well there.

Yeah, it really fucking sucked that I had to enforce rules I completely disagreed with. :/ And lol @ me going off on you for being mean to OG. Those were the days. :P

Seth doesn't seem to be leaving permanently, just taking a break. I think he cleared that up in the thread on GG. He's a nice guy and a good friend of mine, but I have told him he needs to chill a bit on stuff. Just ignore the assholes and talk to the decent people here. Most of the community likes him. The people who enjoy stirring the pot know they can get to him, so they try. It's just entertainment for them.