Lancelot

How many of Season V's regulars are not characters or caricatures?

Seems like, given enough time online, everyone becomes an exaggerated version of themselves...the question is, who is still their own self, not playing up to what they've established previously?

(Hint: not it.)

I think I'm a lot more mild in most ways than I have been in the past.

True, but think back to a year ago, before you started becoming the center of the drama... Think you've actively (subconsciously or otherwise) tried to fit in with the label you gave yourself?

cf. Cialdini

True, but think back to a year ago, before you started becoming the center of the drama... Think you've actively (subconsciously or otherwise) tried to fit in with the label you gave yourself?

cf. Cialdini

I pretty much just act however comes natural tbh.

If anything I dialed my personality back as a mod. What I find hilarious is that I'm posting the exact same way now as I did before being modded, but the current staff has a stick way up their collective asses whereas the Sieb/DMC/Kal/Kyio staff knew how to roll with the punches and have a good laugh.

If anything I dialed my personality back as a mod. What I find hilarious is that I'm posting the exact same way now as I did before being modded, but the current staff has a stick way up their collective asses whereas the Sieb/DMC/Kal/Kyio staff knew how to roll with the punches and have a good laugh.

I hope there's another staff change soon. This place doesn't feel too cool lately imo.

I hope there's another staff change soon. This place doesn't feel too cool lately imo.

It will happen in due time. It's the nature of the beast. Hopefully the ones lost due to attrition won't be replaced for replacements sake. Really, there should be 4 mods tops. Maybe 5 if you consider Kal's position as an honorary title :P

I'm not sure how I come off on here, but I know everyone can eventually appear like exaggerated versions of themselves because this is the one forum where we can speak with (relative) anonymity, but still retain a community small enough that people remember what you say. So I say a lot of shit on here that I wouldn't say in every day life. Fizzzzle is myself taken to the (il)logical extreme.

It's funny, I honestly can't remember what GI was like in 2011 when it was me, cmack, madmankevin, sieb, stream, devito, beerham, and whoever else. Like, go back to the first spamalot and I bet half of the people on it don't post here anymore. Or at least not on GI.

This board is a facade. At some point, it stopped becoming a place to talk about videogames and fuck around on GI, and instead, some platform in which we all step in and outside of mental breakdowns, enable manic depression and hide from the realities of this cold world.

I can't say I have watched this board closely since I left, but I will say that from the few odd times I was bored taking a shit or waiting in the dentist's lobby or something and browsed this board, this much became apparent: most of you would be better served just getting the fuck off of here and making friends in real life. I don't mean that in the sense that you guys are losers, just that, I can just feel the isolation, the stench of identity crisis in the air, the self-doubt, and again, the depression. I will only "shots fired" one user on here, CMack. Of everyone, I am most disappointed in you. Because, I think you're a great guy, you have a ton going for you. You're young, have a good degree and a good job. The way in which you've let a manipulative sociopath control your life, the way she has and did this entire board for so long is disappointing. DeleriumTremenator is the worst thing that's happened to this board's history dating back to BadCartridge, which I now see is a bullshit blog full of white people problems. The sooner you all let this generic woman's pussy de-clamp from the vice grip it has on your lonely dicks, the better. Take it from a man who's ran his dick into every unpleasant, wide open and disease riddled vagina around this globe, there's no pussy worth compromising your character for, even your online persona.

On the topic of online personas, the one thing that did make this board fun was the fact we were all over-exaggerated versions of our real life personas. That was funny, but the reason I chose to plug out of this place was you all started to insist on blurring lines of real life and the internet. I'm all for venting, blogging, discussing, whatever. I'm not for concerning my life with jacking off on webcam and letting what happens on this website affect my psyche, which essentially crippled this place when I left. There's actually very few fat, hopeless virgin neckbeards on this website compared to the rest of the web, certainly many of the places I've frequented since leaving here. So how one singular woman ruined this place and pardon my language, but the sheer stank of her pussy will forever ruin this board for me is beyond me.

Here is my recommendation: destroy this place (GI, not all of D1P) and start over. This board sucks, this is like the 9th season of Roseanne or The Office after Steve Carrell left. It's still mildly amusing because enough of the auxiliary characters are here, but you'll never recapture the magic.

This board is a facade. At some point, it stopped becoming a place to talk about videogames and fuck around on GI, and instead, some platform in which we all step in and outside of mental breakdowns, enable manic depression and hide from the realities of this cold world.

I can't say I have watched this board closely since I left, but I will say that from the few odd times I was bored taking a shit or waiting in the dentist's lobby or something and browsed this board, this much became apparent: most of you would be better served just getting the fuck off of here and making friends in real life. I don't mean that in the sense that you guys are losers, just that, I can just feel the isolation, the stench of identity crisis in the air, the self-doubt, and again, the depression. I will only "shots fired" one user on here, CMack. Of everyone, I am most disappointed in you. Because, I think you're a great guy, you have a ton going for you. You're young, have a good degree and a good job. The way in which you've let a manipulative sociopath control your life, the way she has and did this entire board for so long is disappointing. DeleriumTremenator is the worst thing that's happened to this board's history dating back to BadCartridge, which I now see is a bullshit blog full of white people problems. The sooner you all let this generic woman's pussy de-clamp from the vice grip it has on your lonely dicks, the better. Take it from a man who's ran his dick into every unpleasant, wide open and disease riddled vagina around this globe, there's no pussy worth compromising your character for, even your online persona.

On the topic of online personas, the one thing that did make this board fun was the fact we were all over-exaggerated versions of our real life personas. That was funny, but the reason I chose to plug out of this place was you all started to insist on blurring lines of real life and the internet. I'm all for venting, blogging, discussing, whatever. I'm not for concerning my life with jacking off on webcam and letting what happens on this website affect my psyche, which essentially crippled this place when I left. There's actually very few fat, hopeless virgin neckbeards on this website compared to the rest of the web, certainly many of the places I've frequented since leaving here. So how one singular woman ruined this place and pardon my language, but the sheer stank of her pussy will forever ruin this board for me is beyond me.

Here is my recommendation: destroy this place (GI, not all of D1P) and start over. This board sucks, this is like the 9th season of Roseanne or The Office after Steve Carrell left. It's still mildly amusing because enough of the auxiliary characters are here, but you'll never recapture the magic.

I'm not sure why DT affects you so much. She's not on the board anymore and, from what I understand, now has a loving relationship with CMack without any significant drama. You seem to have a lot more hate for her than you have any reason to.